• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Windows 7 recipe folder?

sutepan

Apprentice
Reaction score
I would like to back up my recipes to an external drive, but I can't find a folder that contains them. Where would they be stored, and are they named after each individual recipe name?

I've been wondering this exact same thing. Many times aloud on these forms with no response. My best guess is no. there is no single file for each recipe. Instead it stores all your recipes into different bits of files with wierd names. Meaning a corruption could wipe all your recipes. So indeed a backup would be wise.

I think the default location is My Documents/Beersmith2

grathan said:
I think the default location is My Documents/Beersmith2

That is indeed the default folder for user data. You can backup the entire folder, or you can export individual recipes (as viewed in BeerSmith) to backup separately. You can also select several recipes or an entire folder to export as a single .bsmx file.

Can you have all selected save as seperate bsmx files?

This would be nice default option for Beersmith. Autobackups to seperate recipe files.

Sometimes when you try to select folders to export with the mouse it drags them into other folders.  :(

Back