• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Hello from the Mohawk Valley, NY

RiverBrewer

Grandmaster Brewer
Master Brewer
Reaction score
Hello Fellow Brewers,

My first alchemist experiment was at the age of 10 when I discovered I could make a crazy bubbling grape juice in mason jars from Grandma's grapes. My buddy and I were very diligent, a great summer. I was brewing AG prior to The 21st Amendment, in a plastic electric brew pot imported from England. It was my quest to make a Heiniken clone. I attribute my unsuccessful quest to the inspiration of youth and Led Zephlin. Then came 1983 with children that evaporated my hobby time. After my accountant and engineer grew up and out. I got back into brewing again about 5 years ago. AG coolers to TopTier 20-20-30 & temp controlled fermentation. Lots of thank to the knowledge base known as The Brewing Network archives. I like being home doing brewing related stuff. With 150 hop hills my August was busy. I average about 1/2 liter per year less than the legal limit. Those just starting out have it much easier when it comes to equipment and supplies. We can all learn by trial and error but clubs and forums sure can shorten the learning times.

Keep brewing
Gary Kruger

Back