• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

only show items needed for purchase in shopping list

mherzog

New Forum Member
Reaction score
Currently I will prepare a recipe and then add all the ingredients to the shopping cart. Then when I am finished and ready to have my list for purchasing, I will go to the shopping list report, sort by "needed" and select/remove all the items that I don't have to purchase (where Needed = 0).  But given that it's a "shopping" list and not a "recipe" list... it would seem this should be by default.

Are there ways to customize this report to filter out these not needed items? 

If not, perhaps a feature request would even just be a sticky (remembers my selection each time) checkbox at the top of the report to filter out all items with needed = 0.

Thanks.

It would be nice to be able to filter the inventory items out.  My current work-around is to save the shopping list as a .csv file and open it in excel where I can edit and sort the list by vendor.

Back