• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

BeerSmith Forum Outage - 17 to 18 September 2013

BeerSmith

Staff member
Administrator
Grandmaster Brewer
Reaction score
Hi,
  I'm working to migrate the BeerSmith forum (and web site) to a new server at approximately midnight on the evening of 17 Sept going into the morning of 18 September.

This will be a total server migration, so at approximately midnight I plan to put the forum into maintenance mode so I can make a complete image of the forum posts and move them to the new server.  At the same time, I will be redirecting the beersmith.com domain to the new server.

This should have minimal impact on the BeerSmith web sites as both servers will be running and available for use, but it could take 24-48 hours for the new domain address to propagate worldwide, which means you may see the forum in "maintenance mode" during the transition.

I will have the new server up and running within an hour or so with the latest posts but again it may be anywhere from a few hours to a few days to fully propagate.

Similarly email service may be affected during the transition for at least a few hours.

Thanks for your patience!

Brad

Forum upgrade (and server upgrade complete).  We have a lot more space and capacity now so post away!

Brad

Back