• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Hello gentelmen from Way South

payaso

Apprentice
Reaction score
I'm new to the forum, recently my brother rekindled my interest in Home brewing, after a five year pause. Moved to the hot climate of Florida and didn't really want to hassle with the temperature control that the climate demanded. Before my home was in the great State of Washington were I brewed for about 15 years. I've moved again to a more brew friendly climate ,now I'm living in and old "Hacienda"  just out of Cuenca Ecuador.  My challenges are, that there is one brew supply store in the country and it's way north in Quito. The good thing is that craft brewing is in diapers. This also gives me the opportunity to malt my own grains. As far as equipment, my brother  gave me a 5 gallon mash tun that I packed in a suite case on my last visit to the States and the rest I will have to make due. Want to take this opportunity to thank all members beforehand for having me and for their input in the future.  Ed

Well home brewing is just getting started, like microbrews in Cuenca the town close to me there are maybe 6 micros, in a town with 600 thousand people. I have started to get my equipment little b y little and have found a source for supplies. Just got done malting barley and in the process of malting wheat.

Back