• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Issue with boil time when creating an extract recipe on iPhone Mobile

drb1215

Grandmaster Brewer
Reaction score
Hi,

If I create an extract recipe on BeerSmith Mobile Version 2.01.059 on my iPhone,  the boil timer is not correct unless I set the Late Extract time on the extract to 60 minutes (same as the boil time).  If I leave it at zero (default) my boil timer shows (I created a very simple recipe just for an example):

Next Step in 1:00:00
Total: 0:00

[Boil tab]
0 min - Start Boil
1:00 hours - Add ingredients
1 lb Amber Liquid Extract - Boil (100.0%) -
12.5 SRM

0 min - Add ingredients
1.0 oz Fuggles - Boil 60 min (22.0 IBUs)
1.00 hours - End Boil

40 min - Add ingredients
1.0 oz - Cascade - Boil 20 min (16.3 IBUs)

1.00 hours - End of Boil

The problem is that the time starts at 1:00:00 hours rather than 0:40:00, and that it doesn't have you add the extract and initial hops until after 1 hour has expired.

However, if I create the recipe on the desktop version (setting the Late Extract Time = 0), and move it over to my mobile version...everything works fine.

Is this a bug in the mobile version, or should I be setting the Late Extract Time = boil time?

Thanks,
Dan

Hi,
  This looks like it may be a bug.  I'm going to add this to my list for the next set of mobile updates.  I should have it fixed in the next update.

Brad

Back