• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Murphy's Law: "Anything that can go wrong, will go wrong"

Slurk

Grandmaster Brewer
Reaction score
Brewing a Tripel : heavy Krausen and deformation of the fermenter lock (see picture)

Cheers!

That looks like a mess.
I like to use big fermenters!  Lots of headroom makes for uneventful beers.

Yea, that's Murphy's in-law stopping by to nag you about using blow-off tubes before Murphy shows up.

Well, at least its in the bathroom, easy to clean right?  My inner optimist (or spin doctor) says that's not a sign that things went wrong so much as its a sign that everything went right as evidenced by the extremely happy yeast celebrating the fact they have enough of a very delicious meal.  The small mess, meh....small price to pay for a good Triple. 

MaltLicker said:
Yea, that's Murphy's in-law stopping by to nag you about using blow-off tubes before Murphy shows up.

That one actually made me LOL. 

I have had one blow out and it was MUCH worse than this one.  Beer all over the top of the fermenting tank, down the sides, on my closet floor, etc.  NOT fun!

Back