• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

No positive pressure

Robin Foster

Brewer
Reaction score
We made a Wheat beer on Saturday (all grain).  It seemed exceptionally thick and took 3 days before it started to bubble.  Then it only bubbled for 2 days.  Now it doesn't even have positive pressure.  Does it hurt to let it sit there until about Sunday?

I am always of opinion to let it sit and give it time. Patience! But, I always recommend not to sit there blindly and worry about it. Use proper sanitizing technique and measure the gravity. See where you fermentation is with a quantitative measurement.

What kind of container is it in? If it's a bucket then it's possible that you just didn't get the lid on that well. Happened to me plenty of times. As far as hurting anything goes, don't worry about it. It's safe in the primary for at least three or four weeks.  Racking early will do more harm than racking late because if you transfer too early then you'll have yeast food without enough yeast to eat it, resulting in a stuck or dragged out fermentation.

Maine Homebrewer said:
What kind of container is it in? If it's a bucket then it's possible that you just didn't get the lid on that well. Happened to me plenty of times. As far as hurting anything goes, don't worry about it. It's safe in the primary for at least three or four weeks.  Racking early will do more harm than racking late because if you transfer too early then you'll have yeast food without enough yeast to eat it, resulting in a stuck or dragged out fermentation.

+1

Back