• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Danstar Belle Saison yeast

riccardo.bramati

Apprentice
Reaction score
Hi, I want to add this type of dry yeast,  but I don't know where find all data needed for store a new ingredient, is strictly necessary to update all fields? Tks

Hers's a link to the Belle Saison data sheet:      file:///home/chronos/user/Downloads/tds-belle-saison-english%20(1).pdf

The data sheet shows attenuation to about 1.008 over 4 days - not my experience. I started fermentation of a 1.047 Patersbier at 60 F for five days, then let it rise to 75 F over 5 days and held there for another two weeks. The result was a good clove note, no detectable banana, good maltiness, and good spiciness. Final gravity was 1.002 and it had dropped from 1.004 3 days previously, so it could have gone lower had I had the patience to wait on it. The beer remains cloudy; I don't have the patience to let it drop clear.

Before I brewed this I thought I didn't like Belgian beers. Turns out I love Patersbier and other lower gravity Belgians.

I recently used it and had a similar experience, except that I didn't get it up past 72F.  I still got nice clove and spiciness.  I didn't get banana either and thought it was because my garage is so cool that I couldn't get the temperature up high enough.

I just cracked the first bottles recently and I loved it.  I have two pint mason jars about 1/3 full of this yeast that I harvested out of the primary.  I'm looking forward to using it again in the near future.

Yea, I assumed it was strictly saison, but a friend made a good Golden Strong with it.  If he'd gotten that a lower FG, it would've been amazing.

Ok. Tks for your replay! I've used only one time. I take care of your experience for next brewday! Cheers. ..

Back