• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Priming sugar doubel what it should be??

Junction26

Apprentice
Reaction score
Ok BS2 is telling me to use double the amount of priming sugar it should be.  I have 11 gallons, half going into keg for forced carb. and the other bottling.  Ive changed all kinds of numbers trying to get the amount of sugar for the bottling down to were it should be but the only way I can change it is by Vol. of co2 or bottling temp.  I know its reading it as 11 gallons but it should only be 5.

Ok well after messaging a moderator, I find out that it was the batch size.  Even though there is a measured bottling Volume under fermentation tab that can be changed.  I would say it is a glitch of some kind, but I belie we should be able to set up multiple carb. levels.
Ex. Keg 5 gallons this level bottle 5 gallons another carb. level. and so on.  If I do a 15 gallon batch and I want three different carb levels for experimentation I should be able to do that in BS2.  Just saying.

Agree with these comments Carb level should be based on measured bottling volume not  batch size.
I've over primed two batches and I've now discovered why! :mad:

Back