• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Adjusting Recipes to My Equipment

egabe

New Forum Member
Reaction score
I have been using Beersmith for Mac and iOS for a few months now and I have a question on what the best way to input a recipe from a magazine or forum.  Do you enter the recipe under your equipment profile and then use the adjust for gravity slider to match what the recipe says or is there an easier or more accurate way that I should be doing this.  Basically if I remember right magazines like BYO have their recipes set for 65% or 70% efficiency and I'm hitting about 80% on my system.  Thanks

You can use the Scale Tool in Beersmith and use Tot Efficiency. Not sure what the slider does.

Sorry I mis-worded myself there a little with the slider, it should have been the scale tool.  Thanks for the response I just wanted to make sure I was doing the scaling correctly.

Back