• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

LME/DME additions and/or substitutions

hoppybrewster

Apprentice
Reaction score
In the Beersmith 2 software I have problems with many of my recipes finding the LME/DME that I've bought at my various suppliers. It's hard to build a recipe with the choices in the software and match them up to the brands and their descriptions. I wish the software had the actual brands of these malts. Is that possible? Does anyone have any advice? Maybe I'm missing something or doing something wrong?

Mike

It would help to know which DME/LME materials you are looking for in BS2.  Many shops will bulk order extract from a manufacturer, such as Briess and then repackage it or dispense it as needed into their own containers with their own labels.

Oginme said:
It would help to know which DME/LME materials you are looking for in BS2.  Many shops will bulk order extract from a manufacturer, such as Briess and then repackage it or dispense it as needed into their own containers with their own labels.

To be more clear, if I wanted to use this(below), what would I  select from the grain list in the software? The software does not show extract brands.

I am assuming that you are using BS 2.1.  You should find the Briess extracts in the 'grain inventory' labeled as 'LME Golden Light'.  If it is not there, you should be able to download it through the 'add-ons' option on the toolbar.  Select 'Add' on the pop-up window and you will see a listing of all the possible grains, yeasts, recipes, etc. which are available to add for your use.

Oginme said:
I am assuming that you are using BS 2.1.  You should find the Briess extracts in the 'grain inventory' labeled as 'LME Golden Light'.  If it is not there, you should be able to download it through the 'add-ons' option on the toolbar.  Select 'Add' on the pop-up window and you will see a listing of all the possible grains, yeasts, recipes, etc. which are available to add for your use.

Still trying to figure out this software. That worked, thanks for the help.

Back