• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Single Decoction Mash Out, with Batch Sparge Profile

Scott Ickes

Grandmaster Brewer
Reaction score
Would it be possible to add a Single Decoction Mash Out with Batch Sparging to the list of Mash Profiles. 

Currently, I use the infusion tool, and just put in the numbers for what I have in the Mash Tun, and the temperatures.  I start pulling water out of the "Starting Water Volume" value, until the strike water temperature to reach a mash temp of 168F is at boiling.  Then I pull the amount of water that I reduced the "starting water volume" by, bring it to a boil and put it back into the mash tun and this gets me to 168F mash out temperature.

It would be great if it were already figured into the mash profile.

Like This?

One of these has two rest temperatures, with an infusion to step it up. Both end with a modestly thin mash of 1.35:1 to allow for more water in the decoction step. The goal is to avoid scorching and speed it up a little.

Attachments

• Infusion, Decoction, Batch (IDB).bsmx
    2.9 KB · Views: 203
  • Two Step Infusion, Decoction Mashout, Batch Sparge (2IDB).bsmx
    3.7 KB · Views: 195
Back