• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

ESB Recipe

I couldn't get any Northdown. On Fullers website they list this as one of the four hops. Target, Challenger, Northdown and East Kent. I would put it at 45 min. but it's up to you. After 7 days at 60-65 degress the gravity is 1.028 I warmed it up to 70' to get it down to 1.018 It's now in day 9. I'll post when it's done.

http://geocities.com/burbankbrewer/brewery.html

I also used 13 gal charcoal filtered Chicago water. & 500ml WLP002 slurry

Chicago h20

Calcium: 34.0 ppm
Sulfate: 25.0 ppm
Magnesium: 11.0 ppm
Chloride: 11.0 ppm
Sodium: 6.0 ppm Bicarbonate: 106.0 ppm
PH: 8.1   

I did a bitter yesterday that's fermenting, using those proportions of base/crystal/maize, but then added 8oz flaked wheat and 8oz caramelized sugar. Columbus to bitter (~30IBU) then EKG's at 15 and flameout. Going to put more EKG's in secondary.
I'm using CL210 Scottish Bitter ("Produces a bitter unlike any other. Soft, yeasty, fruity. Well-attenuated malt flavor and big ester complex of ripe fruit, apricots and rose petals. Leaves a teasing, dry yet smooth finish.")
Propped it up from a slant; can't wait to see how it turns out!

Back