• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Show sparge volume in quarts

cmbrougham

Grandmaster Brewer
Reaction score
I don't think this is possible, but maybe I'm missing it in plain sight: is there a way to specify that sparge volume be shown in quarts instead of gallons? I see it's possible to change the "Mash Vol Units" from quarts to gallons, but no listing for "Sparge Vol Units" is available. I'm working with smaller batches, and since most of my measuring devices are demarcated with quarts, this would be easier to calculate.

In that same menu try changing the Batch Volume Units to quarts.

Thank you--unfortunately, that also sets your final batch sizes to quarts as well, so a 5 gallon batch is displayed as "20.00 quarts," and so on. That part I do want to see in gallons. Part of the problem is that I've been having trouble hitting my volumes, so I'm trying to be a bit more exact so I can figure out where the adjustments need to be made.

Guess I will make a feature request for a separate sparge volume qualifier...

The feature request is the best thing to do, it would be a nice thing to have in the next edition of the software.

Back