• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Malteurop 2-row Pale Malt

Twah

Apprentice
Reaction score
Hi

Has any one added Malteurop 2-row pale malt to beersmith?  If so, can you post what you have setup?  I can't find any details on what BeerSmith is asking for to add a new grain.

Thanks

There is a video tutorial on adding new ingredients at: http://beersmith.com/adding-ingredients-in-beersmith-2/

Twah, I think you're asking for the malt specs?  Your malt supplier should be able to provide you with specific batch specs for what you buy. I was able to look up the target specs for Malteurop 2-row. Interesting name, since it appears to be New Zealand grown. Here's what I found:

Malteurop 2-Row
Color: 1.8
Potential: 1.038
Yield: 82%
Moisture: 3.5%
Diastatic: 84 (min) 96 (max)
Protein: 4%

All in all, it looks like pretty good lager malt. Let us know how well it works. In the US, Malteurop owns ADM.

Thanks brewfun. Yes that is what I was looking for.  I've been searching for a couple weeks on and off looking for that info. I couldn't find it but maybe it was how I was searching.

It's actually grown in Montana from what I have read. Lots of reviewers at northern brewer say they like it a lot better than Briess and Rahr 2-row so I thought I'd give it a try.

Thanks again!

Back