• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Copy Custom Ingredients from Downloaded Recipes

Keith_C

Apprentice
Reaction score
I'm sure someone has asked this, but after a few searches I wasn't able to find my answer, so I figured I'd ask. I'm new to Beersmith and brewing, but I'm starting to get the hang of it, and I've downloaded a number of recipes from beersmithrecipes.com. It seems that there are a number of ingredients people have added themselves (or perhaps imported?) and while there isn't any problem looking at the items, I can't seem to find an easy way to copy them into beersmith so I can easily reuse them?

The example I'll give is yeast. I just downloaded this recipe:

This recipe contains San Diego Super Yeast (WLP090), which just happens to not be in beersmith by default. I know where to go to look at all the yeasts defined in beersmith, and I've found I can copy a yeast (ctrl+c) and paste it (ctrl+v) so I can essentially add my own ingredient. This isn't too difficult to do, but I'm wondering if there is a way to simply take an ingredient already defined in a recipe I've downloaded and just copy it directly into beersmith's ingredients list so I can reuse it? I mean, if they've entered all the data already seems like wasted effort.

On a side note, is there a repository somewhere or something where I could just import a ton of ingredients to save effort of entering all the details?

Thanks!!!

So, not 30 seconds after posting this I found the "Save Item" button on the right hand side on the design screen, between decrease time and update prices...

Keith_C said:
On a side note, is there a repository somewhere or something where I could just import a ton of ingredients to save effort of entering all the details?

Another easy option would be click on "Add Ons" on the 4th menu bar down and look for "yeast updates 2013"

Cool! Thanks I downloaded that too! Wow I didn't even see this add-on section... this is sweet.

Back