• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Switching from IOS to Android

Dr Jacoby

New Forum Member
Reaction score
Is there any way to download the Beersmith app for free on an Android phone if you previously downloaded the app on an iphone? 

When I went the other direction and I asked Brad directly he said it wasn't possible since the licensing isn't linked between Google and Apple, hope the answer is different today for you

Rick

Toy4Rick is correct.  Since the Google Play Store and Apple App Store are two completely separate things there is no way to do a direct transfer on the license.  You could ask Brad directly, I'm not sure if he could figure out a way to credit it from the developer side.  Welcome to the Android world from the dark side!! :)

I'm doing the exact same thing. I'm giving up on the Iphone and will remove iTunes from my desktop forever!!!!

but I have to purchase Beersmith all over again?

Surely there must be a way to discount or do something for those of us who have purchased already.

lemy said:
I'm doing the exact same thing. I'm giving up on the Iphone and will remove iTunes from my desktop forever!!!!

but I have to purchase Beersmith all over again?

Surely there must be a way to discount or do something for those of us who have purchased already.

lemy, unfortunately there is no way to automatically migrate between the two mobile platforms.  You should contact Brad and see if there is anything he can/will do from the developer side.  Try using the contact form on the BeerSmith website, http://beersmith.com/contact-us/

Good luck and cheers!
Garry

this is really inconvenient. apps are now cross platform and no need to buy again. You have to use other apps instead to move from iphone to android, such as smart switch, phone transfer, etc.

You'd better try this Android Data Manager app, it not only can help you transfer data from Android to iPhone, also can transfer data to computer , in this way , you can manage and backup all data on phone/computer ,so powerful, you can have a try.
How to transfer messages from iPhone to Android

Back