• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Can I copy the text from a recipe to paste on a forum?

beerkench

Apprentice
Reaction score
I'm trying to figure out a good way to copy a recipe so I can post it up on a forum when asking people for advice.
At the moment the only way seems to be to copy it from the Brewsteps page but then it ends up pasting like this:
33.22 g 33.22 g 56.70 g 33.22 g 33.22 g 33.22 g
Boil Ingredients Cascade [5.50 %] - Boil 60.0 min
Cascade [5.50 %] - Boil 10.0 min Orange Peel, Bitter (Boil 10.0 mins) Coriander Seed (Boil 10.0 mins) Cascade [5.50 %] - Boil 5.0 min Cascade [5.50 %] - Boil 1.0 min
Type #
Hop 4 Hop 5 Spice 6 Spice 7 Hop 8 Hop 9
%/IBU
21.2 IBUs 7.7 IBUs -
-
4.2 IBUs 0.9 IBUs
Name

Any ideas?

In either the View menu, View ribbon, or View sidebar, select either "Preview on Bottom" or "Preview on Right." This will open the Preview pane next to your main pane.

Find your recipe in the My Recipes folder, and select it by clicking it once--don't double-click and open in a new tab. The recipe will be displayed in the Preview pane.

Up at the top of the Preview pane is a "Report" dropdown; there are a number of report templates, but what you want is "Plain Tex." When you select this, the recipe will be displayed as a simple unformatted listing of ingredients and brew steps.

Copy from this Preview, and paste to the forum. I suggest changing the Font Face in the post options to Courier, as the monospacing will help keep everything aligned better.

You can also set this report as the default one, if you like.

Back