Author Topic: what's up fellas.....  (Read 2521 times)

Offline IronheadBrew

• BeerSmith New Brewer
what's up fellas.....
« on: December 03, 2013, 07:44:31 PM »
about time to make an intro.  Been brewing for a number of years with extract with steeping grains.  I'm more of a hobbiest than a fanatic but only because I have other hobbies as well, mainly chopping up old ironhead sportsters. That's where the name came from, combining the two things I love to do in the garage.

I'm from the Lake Oconee area in GA and I work in the low voltage industry doing home automation, security, audio/video distribution, etc.  I also have a second gig as a pyrotechnician, mostly doing the player intros for the Atlanta Falcons, but other one-off shows as well from time to time. Even went on tour for three months back in 2010.

I've been lurking around the forum and playing with the program for a few months now and I'm very impressed. I'm currently in the process of gathering all my recipes and filling up my own small section of the cloud.

Rich

Offline RobbyComstock

• BeerSmith Brewer
  • Brewing Beer since 2011
    • Comstock Brewing
Re: what's up fellas.....
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2013, 08:20:13 PM »
Welcome Rich.  What has been your favorite beer that you have brewed?
Robby Comstock
@comstockbrewing

Offline IronheadBrew

• BeerSmith New Brewer
Re: what's up fellas.....
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2013, 08:46:16 PM »
Simple answer: All of them.  I do tend to steer toward pale-ales and darker brews. Just did one a few months ago for a motorcycle club rally that was somewhere between a Baltic Porter and a Schwarzbier. It was very tasty and I just duplicated it adding some cinnamon and ginger to take up to an Ugly Sweeter Christmas party in a couple weeks.

Rich