• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Hello

PaKettle

Apprentice
Reaction score
Been brewing off and on since it became legal way back in Jimmy Carter days. Lack of quality in what one could buy has improved for the last 15 years. So my focus was upon one item I could get with quality and that was hone. A pro no enter any contest nope but I do know brewing with honey is not a 1 SRM and the sugar content likes grapes year to year as does the color. I'm here because the flavor described are by honey producers that may or may not describe the flavor a brewer may understand. So BJCP people and Master servers there is a need to define raw honey types besides it has an SRM of 1.0 and is sweet and simple sugar. We need to define the types of  honey the varied aroma and taste . I will upload what I am working on as far as honey is concerned as my untrained or certified taste sees it. But I'm not so wrong I am working on a pro/am braggot and honey wheat wine with my local brewery which is a fun thing to do lol he wants to boil everything.

Back