• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Blichmann Beergun Question

Orphanmeat

New Forum Member
Reaction score
Hey quick question. Was thinking of using a corny as a bright tank at room temp. I don't have the means to chill it in a controlled way. Will the beer gun work with room temp beer and room temp equipment? Typical temp is around 65-70F. Anyone ever tried it? Thanks for any advice you can provide :).

Orphanmeat said:
Hey quick question. Was thinking of using a corny as a bright tank at room temp. I don't have the means to chill it in a controlled way. Will the beer gun work with room temp beer and room temp equipment? Typical temp is around 65-70F. Anyone ever tried it? Thanks for any advice you can provide :).

Are you thinking about doing this with beer that's already carbonated?  I think foaming would be a problem given how CO2 comes out of solution at a higher rate at warmer temps. 

Orphanmeat said:

The beer gun is designed to be used at cold temperatures and low pressure to avoid making the carbonation break out of the beer.

Ice the keg just like you did in college - and chill the (sanitized, foil-covered) bottles in the freezer. Kegs work as bright tanks/secondaries/bulk storage.

Now you can do the arithmetic to see how much you can save on ice by buying a freezer and a controller.

Back