• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Dry Hopping

GloridazeBrewing

Apprentice
Reaction score
I need some help figuring out how add more information to my recipes about dry hopping.  I believe the "Dry Hop for" field is just for the amount of time that that beer is exposed to the hops.  After which you would remove the hop sack or rack off the hops.

But what about the other details?
  • Dry Hop in the primary, secondary, keg?
  • Start time?  Is it after X days, once the beer reaches a certain gravity, etc?
  • What if you have multiple dry hops? @3days, @6 days and @9 days
  • Was the previous dry hop sack removed or racked off of before the next was added

I could put all these things in the notes, but I'd love for the recipe to stand on it's own. 

Any recommendations would be super helpful.  Thanks in advance!

How about stuff like how old were the dry hops? What merchant did they come from? How were they stored? What temperature did you dry hop at? Did you agitate the dry hops with co2?, How long did they float?

In the end it would only be notes anyways,  unless it connected to the calendar somehow... it would be neat if the Taste Notes section on the Fermentation tab wasn't just a duplicate of the Taste Notes on the Notes tab and could be somehow be utilized for dry-hopping notes..

Back