• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Brew Steps Report

bwestfall03

Apprentice
Reaction score
I love the new look of the brew sheet but when I print it off I get more than half a page of a black section where my notes would be. Any idea on how to fix this?

I too am having issues with the top blue banner blocking out the name of the Brew

I was able to see something similar on my Mac only when I saved the 'Recipe' report to a file in my 'Reports' folder and tried printing that file. (The 'Brew Steps' report did not exhibit the problem for me)
When I print on the Mac I can choose not to print backgrounds but then I lose the nice blue shading in the report also.
My solution was to modify the style.css file inside the application (in the 'Resources' folder)
On line 25 there is a background color definition for the 'body' of the document.  I deleted that line containing background: #111;
After that my background was white instead of black for all my reports though.

Note: I couldn't just modify the 'style.css' file in my 'Reports' folder because on the Mac version this file gets overwritten each time I choose a different report in the 'Preview' pane.

My procedure to emulate your problem:
I have my 'View' set to have the 'Preview on Bottom'' pane and in that preview pane I select 'Recipe' for the report and click on 'Save Report'.  A window pops up to let me choose the location for my saved file, which is good, but I have to save it in the 'Reports' folder in order to use the new 'style.css' formatting.

Hey Brad, new bug: When saving the report this way, the program should write the full path to the style.css file, similar to what is done for the beer glass image.

Hope this works for you.

Wayne

Back