• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

MAC - BeerSmith 2 cant be opend...

captkevin

New Forum Member
Reaction score
When I opened BeerSmith 2.1 this weekend to prepare a recipe, it advised me there was an upgrade to V2.2 available.  I downloaded and installed per instructions, but when I try to run the program, I am receiving the following pop-up from the MAC OS, ' "BeerSmith2" can't be opened because it is from an unidentified developer.  Firefox downloaded this file today at 6:00PM from www.beersmith.com.'

I also downloaded and installed using Safari, with the same result.

Again, this is a message from the OS, not the anti-viris software (Norton).

To run the new version of BeerSmith 2, press and hold the 'control' key then click to open the app.  This should create and exception in the security settings that will allow you to run the software without issue in the future.

Hi,
  The 64 bit version is signed for gatekeeper (which is what is blocking it), but the 32 bit version is not due to some compatability issues with OSX.  You can hold the Ctrl key down to bypass gatekeeper for the 32 bit version, or you can download and install the 64 bit version which is signed for Mountain Lion and newer OSX versions.

Brad

Back