• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

New HTML Report (Recipe & Brew Steps) problems

max42

Brewer
Reaction score
With the latest html Recipe and Brew Steps reports I find that the previews look great.  However, there is a black background that the report is overlaid on.  It does not show through the report.  When I print, the brew sheet (for example) prints perfectly until it reaches the end of the Notes.  Once the Notes section has printed then the rest of the sheet is all black.  I'm assuming this is matching the background.

Is anyone else having the same problem?  Any ideas on how to fix it?  Surely I'm not the only one with the issue.

thanks in advance

Hi,
  The default is black, but most printers don't print that unless you have your browser set to display background images.

Try modifying the style.css file in your Reports directory - go to the section labeled "body {" and change the
"background: #111;" to "background: #fff;" which should make it white.

Brad

No, your not he only one.  I have accidentally printed out solid black 2nd pages a few times.  :'(

Changing the color as Brad indicated worked fine for me.  Thanks Brad!

Here's the workflow I used (windows 7):
Browse to C:\Program Files (x86)\BeerSmith2\Reports\
Right click style.css and select properties then Security then edit.
Give your account or "Users" modify rights and click OK. 
Open style.css in notepad and look for
body {
  background: #111; <--- Change 111 to fff

Close/Save the file and launch Beersmith2 and test. 

Cheers!

Chris

Back