• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

New to the Forum and Brewing

Jose096

New Forum Member
Reaction score
Hello
I'm new to  Home Brewing and is thanks to my wife. She got me a Deluxe brewing kit from Northern brewer. She understands the my passion for different beers in other words, I Love beer and so far so good with my first batch an Irish Red Ale. Also I got another batch going on and this one is a lager,German October Fest, I'm lucky that I got an extra fridge in the garage for the fermentation use. I join the forum for research purposes and share my experiences while on my new endeavor. Any advice will be welcome; Thanks

Hola and welcome.

I'm new to  Home Brewing and is thanks to my wife. She got me a Deluxe brewing kit from Northern brewer.

She's a keeper!

I'm lucky that I got an extra fridge in the garage for the fermentation use.

Nice. My refrigerator for lager fermentation is a cold winter basement. 

Any advice will be welcome

When you get tired of cleaning bottles, see if she'll set you up with a kegging kit. Also, as soon as you're comfortable with the process, look into going all grain. While it adds a few hours to the brew day and requires an equipment investment, the ingredients are cheaper, you have total control of the ratio of fermentable to unfermentable sugars (meaning you can make a light-bodied beer which is difficult to do with extract), and it tastes better than adding water to a concentrate.

Cheers!

Back