• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Yeast package date is not used

beernorway

Apprentice
Reaction score
I'm using the Linux version of BeerSmith-2.2.12 and I'm having some issues with regards to the package date of the yeast I'm adding when configuring a starter.

First I go to the starter tab to add a yeast. I choose my yeast and set the package date. After I have added it the info about the yeast on the starter tab uses today’s date as package date instead of the one I chose. I mark the yeast and click edit, correct the date and click OK. Now the date is correct, but the viability has not been updated to reflect the changed date, so the rest of the numbers on the tab regarding the starter volume and such is incorrect compared to the package date and the actual viability.

Has anyone else experienced this issue?

Hi,
  The yeast calculation also factors in the brew date for the recipe, so you need to set both the brew date for your recipe and the yeast package date to get accurate numbers.

Brad

Back