• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

BS 2.2.12 Crashes if recipe is saved

HLA91

New Forum Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

I am having trouble with BS. If I click save when I'm editing a recipe, that's fine, if I accidentally hit it twice without any changes being made in between so there is no changes to be saved then I get the following error
Code:
wxWidgets Debug Alert
.\Slip.cpp(841): assert "0" failed in SLib::SAssert()
Do you want to stop the program?

This also happens if I hit the OK button without making any changes.

Attachments

• BS Crash Debug.jpg
    BS Crash Debug.jpg
    540.7 KB · Views: 331
I seem to recall that some of these errors are related to other software updates.

I recommend that you reinstall BeerSmith.

Before you do, find your documents/BeerSmith2 folder and rename it. Something like BeerSmith2BAK. This folder holds all of your recipes and customized profiles.

Once reinstalled, you'll probably be prompted to re enter your activation key.

After activating the key, go to documents and erase the BeerSmith2 folder that was installed. Now, simply rename your old folder back to BeerSmith2.

I recommend periodically just copying documents/BeerSmith2 to another directory from time to time. Some users have reported sudden loses of their recipes on various systems. These all seem to be related to background updates that change something BeerSmith counts on to work.

Back