• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Inventory Issue

snow-b1

New Forum Member
Reaction score
I've tried this a dozen times now with the same result.

----------------------------
Open Beersmith 3 | Open Inventory tab | Verify "Windsor Yeast" not in inventory | Open Yeast tab. Search for "wind" | Double-click "Windsor Yeast" | Change "Inventory" from 0.0 to 1.0 | Click "Ok" button on Yeast window | Click "Close" button on Yeast tab | Verify "Windsor Yeast" is in inventory now | Click "Close" button on Inventory tab | Reopen Inventory tab | Reverify "Windsor Yeast" is still in inventory | Click "Close" button on Inventory tab | On main menu, chose File/Exit

Wait 5-10 seconds | Reopen Beersmith 3 | Open Inventory tab | "Windsor Yeast" is NOT in inventory!
----------------------------

This yeast ingredient and all the ones mentioned in this post were pre-installed on my copy of BS3. When I try the whole procedure with a half dozen other, different yeasts (e.g., "American Ale, Wyeast Labs, 1056", OYL-102, BRY-97, K1V-1116), single or multiple, it works as expected. These yeasts stay in inventory when I reopen the software. Windsor does not.

I tried your steps exactly as you list them and Windsor Yeast was in my inventory when I re-opened BS3.

--GF
Interesting. Thank you. I just tried again, and I got the same bad result. There must be something wrong with my yeast record then, not a BS3 bug. ... ... So, I just printed a screenshot of Windsor Yeast and used it to create a new record, "Windsor Yeast v2," with all the same info. However, I did correct the typo in "bannana." Now, this new record stays in inventory when I use the procedure above. Must have been that typo. :) All kidding aside, there must be something in that old record that BS3 doesn't like on shutdown for it to revert/zeroize the inventory field.

Back