• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Kitchen remodel coming…need dinner ideas please!

xuledywo

Brewer
Reaction score
Hi everyone!

We are remodeling our kitchen in August. So, will have access to a fridge, freezer, a toaster and a microwave, an insta-pot and a gas grill.

We are trying to get some things ready in advance for meals (tacos, Korean tacos, sloppy joes,). We think we can cook pasta in the instapot, giving us the ability to make tuna salad, which is a great summer go-to for us. Another summer thing we like is chef’s salads. Grilling gives us options like burgers, chicken and shrimp, etc.

for those who have been through this…what else’s have you made during a 5-6 week period with no stove.

im not a huge fan of sandwiches…but as I work from home, will probably do sandwiches for lunch, so that is really not an option for me for dinner too.

Hi everyone!

We are remodeling our kitchen in August. So, will have access to a fridge, freezer, a toaster and a microwave, an insta-pot and a gas grill.

We are trying to get some things ready in advance for meals (tacos, Korean tacos, sloppy joes,). We think we can cook pasta in the instapot, giving us the ability to make tuna salad, which is a great summer go-to for us. Another summer thing we like is chef’s salads. Grilling gives us options like burgers, chicken and shrimp, etc.

for those who have been through this May Flower…what else’s have you made during a 5-6 week period with no stove.

im not a huge fan of sandwiches…but as I work from home, will probably do sandwiches for lunch, so that is really not an option for me for dinner too.
thanks so much for any help

I would go for:
  • Cobb salad
  • Greek salad
  • Caprese salad
  • Chicken Caesar salad
  • Quinoa salad with veggies and feta
  • London broil in crock pot
  • Spring rolls with shrimp or tofu
  • Veggie wraps with hummus
  • Pesto pasta salad with cherry tomatoes and mozzarella
  • Mediterranean pasta salad with olives, feta, and artichokes
  • Cold sesame noodle salad
Whether craving a light and nutritious salad, a satisfying pasta dish, or a savory protein like London broil, this menu caters to a wide range of tastes.

Last edited:
Hi everyone!

for those who have been through this…what else’s have you made during a 5-6 week period with no stove.

im not a huge fan of sandwiches to this company awpumafl.com…but as I work from home, will probably do sandwiches for lunch, so that is really not an option for me for dinner too.
I have a small (1400 sq ft) home in Homestead Fl (just north of the Florida Keys). The home is only 13 years old in a newly built community. It's more of a starter home so the kitchen is small and does not have much storage. I would like to change the cabinets and counter top without really changing the layout. My goals are to modernize the kitchen and also add more functional storage. I really want to do this myself. I've done quite of bit of building but not to this level. I don't think I would have a problem putting in cabinets but not sure about how to make them look professionally installed. Can anyone suggest what my best options are? To try doing it myself or hire a contractor? Just checking Ikea show rooms gives me an idea of how expensive cabinets and counter top are. There have to be better (cheaper) places to find kitchen cabinets and counter top. I feel the big box stores have huge mark ups. So am I living in a fantasy world?

I have a small (1400 sq ft) home in Homestead Fl (just north of the Florida Keys). The home is only 13 years old in a newly built community. It's more of a starter home so the kitchen is small and does not have much storage. I would like to change the cabinets and counter top without really changing the layout. My goals are to modernize the kitchen and also add more functional storage. I really want to do this myself. I've done quite of bit of building but not to this level. I don't think I would have a problem putting in cabinets but not sure about how to make them look professionally installed. Can anyone suggest what my best options are? To try doing it myself or hire a contractor like awpumafl.com? Just checking Ikea show rooms gives me an idea of how expensive cabinets and counter top are. There have to be better (cheaper) places to find kitchen cabinets and counter top. I feel the big box stores have huge mark ups. So am I living in a fantasy world?
no response to this

Hi everyone!

Hey, I'm about to embark on a kitchen remodeling project and could use some advice from those who've been through it. I'm torn between classic and modern designs. Classic kitchens have that timeless appeal, but modern ones offer sleek functionality. What's your experience with either style? Any tips on balancing aesthetics and practicality? Also, do any recommendations for durable yet stylish countertop materials? I want something that can withstand the hustle of a busy kitchen. Your insights and personal experiences would be incredibly helpful. Feel free to share photos if you've got them!

Hey, I'm about to embark on a kitchen remodeling richmond va project and could use some advice from those who've been through it. I'm torn between classic and modern designs. Classic kitchens have that timeless appeal, but modern ones offer sleek functionality. What's your experience with either style? Any tips on balancing aesthetics and practicality? Also, do any recommendations for durable yet stylish countertop materials? I want something that can withstand the hustle of a busy kitchen. Your insights and personal experiences would be incredibly helpful. Feel free to share photos if you've got them!
no response to this

Investing in quality materials may cost more initially but can save money in the long run Kitchen Renewal Tacoma. Durable countertops, cabinets, and flooring will withstand daily wear and tear, ensuring longevity and reducing the need for premature replacements. Look for materials that strike a balance between aesthetics and functionality.
thank you so much for your suggestion

As you put the finishing touches on your kitchen renovation in Ireland, don't underestimate the impact that well-chosen lighting can have on the overall atmosphere and functionality of the space. lake stevens home remodel offer a myriad of advantages, from energy efficiency to customizable ambiance, making them an excellent choice for your newly revitalized kitchen. Illuminate your space with brilliance and style by choosing LEDex for a lighting solution that truly stands out.
thank you so much for your suggestion

Back