• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

"Star rating" on recipes

hypobrew

New Forum Member
Reaction score
I was just thinking it would be nice to have some type of rating system in the recipes window. That one extra field would make it easy for me to sort the beers that I've made that I really like.

I put an asterisk in front of recipes I really like.

Example: *Wild Water IPA

Rating your recipes with numbers 1, 2, 3, etc. in front of the names would work as well.

Example: 1 Bob's Pale Ale
2 Lovely Lager

Either way would bring these recipes to the top of your list(s) when sorted by name. Numbered recipes would even show up in numerical order.

Another alternative would be to create a new folder and name it Favorites. As with many other functions, BeerSmith allows you to customize lists.

If using numbers I suggest 01, 02... instead of just 1, 2 etc. Once you get into double digits it will reorder those single digit numbers.

Personally however I just made another folder titled "Favorites". Nothing goes in there that I haven't already made more than once or those that I plan to make again in the future.

Yep! Lots of ways to do it Kevin.

When I referred to using numbers, I meant as a rating system. More or less like 1 to 5 stars, so preceding the rating number with a zero wouldn't be necessary.

Back