• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Tilt Data Import function missing.

Celtic Brewer

New Forum Member
Reaction score
Question for those knowledgeable, I am running BeerSmith 3.2.7 and have recently acquired a Tilt. I just brewered a Blegian Wit and have my Google Sheets file, etc. and when I went to import the Tilt Data, I noticed that I do not have the Tilt Data Import icon on my session tab where it should be. Any advice on if I need to do something for it to show so I can import the data for the brew?

1700248792208.png

Check Help->About to make sure you are on the right version as the buttons should be present.

Can you please double check by going to Help->About? There is no enable/disable for those buttons so they should be present if you are on the right version, and we've had cases where someone thought they were up to date, but had an old shortcut that pointed to an older version on their desktop.

I have checked three times. I am running 3.2.7 as stated above. I am not running an older version.

Additionally I have clicked on Latest Update and I receive the box telling me I am up to date. So now, any idea why this is not showing. Literally I am running the program as downloaded. I am at a loss and that is why I am posting here.

I just opened the source code for BeerSmith 3.2, and the function that builds the Session tab has the Tilt button on it with no conditions - i.e. it appears on the Session tab no matter what the data is. So the button should be there if you are on the correct version of the software as it was added in 3.2 (but not earlier).

Note that the "Check for updates" function had some bugs in it in earlier versions of the software, so it is not reliable depending on which version you started with. That's why I asked you to go to "Help->About BeerSmith" which will show the actual version of the software you are running. The version number is just below the copyright message between the "All Rights Reserved" and "Device ID: XXX" lines on the left side.

Here's what mine looks like: (running 3.2.8, but 3.2.7 is the current production version):
About.png

Seriously now getting frustrated about being challenged about my version after three confirmations. Picture below shows the version and the area where the button should be. Can we start working on a solution to the situation instead of asking me the same question three times but not accepting my response as valid.

1700584793866.png

So I just downloaded the 3.2.7 version (PC) from the main BeerSmith.com site and installed it and it has the button. I went into the source code again and checked and that button is present unconditionally on that dialog. There is no code to hide the button.

Then I tried resizing the window to see if I could come up with some odd combination where the button falls off the dialog, but both the "Tilt Data Import" and "Import CSV" buttons are present in the current release even if I launch into a very small screen window.

It appears you are running on Windows. I'm assuming you are not running an alternate language file as you appear to be running in English. Here's the link to the 3.2.8 beta (which has only very minor internal changes from the 3.2.7 version) which you can download/try if you wish.
https://beersmithrecipes.com/private/BeerSmith3_2_8_beta.exe

I'm at a bit of a loss as the 3.2.7 version on the website clearly has the button, and the source code clearly has the button in every configuration, so its hard for me to imagine why it would be missing in yours unless it came from some other source.

Brad, would it be worth his while to back up his recipe and profile data then wipe all Beersmith files from his computer and do a clean reinstall?

The Beta worked, I now have the icon and will be testing it on Friday. Thank you so much, I truly appreciate it. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

The Beta worked, I now have the icon and will be testing it on Friday. Thank you so much, I truly appreciate it. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving.
This result supports @Kevin58 's suggestion that a clean install of 3.2.7 would likely fix the problem.
However, if 3.2.8 is working for you...go for it. :)

Back