• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Default equipment profile

sciyan

Brewer
Reaction score
I just realise that if you do some modification to your equipment from the profile tab/equipment, it wont be effective when you create a new recipe. You have to go back to the option menu and reselect your equipment and then it will work. Is it right or I've done something wrong ?

Correct.  Once you're happy with all the profiles and typical "stuff" in a recipe, you can make that recipe the default for all new recipes, and that will make the custom profiles appear in all future recipes.

I make a hoppy recipe with all the possible hop additions my default recipe, so I just have to "substitute" the hops rather than create all the hops drops.  If it's a malty brew, it's easier to just delete hop drops I'm not using that time. 

My point was more about the "design" of default equipement. You can even select a equipement profil as a defalt and then delete it and it will still be into your default equipement. So you don't select a profile, the software just copied it. All that time I was doing adjustment to my profile and realise that I've done nothing, because the default profile was still the first one I've selected... weird... but, once you know it, everything is fine. So you can either modify the equipment profile and go to option menu and reselect it or by modifying it directly into the option menu.

Right! The software keeps each recipe as a flat database. Although this adds a step for creating your defaults, it has the benefit of capturing what you did during each brewing session. If you try out a new piece of equipment you can just modify what you used for that recipe, rather than having to create a whole new profile from scratch.

Back