• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Basement Brewer

rdirvingjr

New Forum Member
Reaction score
Greetings from the Great Smoky Mountains.  Retired about a year ago and wife said i needed something more than golf as a hobby.  Started woodcarving and really enjoy it and then a friend of mine started home brewing and really made some nice tasting beer; was hooked.  Started brewing about 6 months ago.  Have made 7 batches, all from extract kits.  With exception of the IPA that i was really looking forward to, all have been good tasting beers; IPA was just flat undrinkable.  Probably made all the rookie mistakes in that one batch.  Anyway, brewing up another Pale Ale (wife likes hoppy beers) and a Belgian Tripel that should be ready by the summer.  Have done lots of reading and enjoy all the comments, so thought I'd join up, introduce myself and say 'thanks' for all the great advice.  Ciao...Deano

Like the handle. I do my brewing in the basement as well.

Have you considered going all-grain?

You've done enough batches to have the boil , ferment and bottle steps down. Now you need to add mash and sparge before boil.

The difference in the final product is night and day.

Try it.

You'll like it.

I promise.

Back