• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Beersmith 3 beerxml export issue when EBC is used for color

mrhyde

Apprentice
Reaction score
Hi, I just bought beersmith 3 and wanted to use it to export my recipes to the Speidel Braumeister page via beerxml export. So far most of the things are working.

Since I live in Germany and EBC is typically used for the malt color I have choosen this as default. When exporting e recipe and importing it to the Speidel page, color is basically multiplied with a factor of 2.

Initially I thought, that there is an issue with the Speidel page.  But when I switch to SRM in beersmith 3 as default, the Speidel page is showing me the correct values in EBC.

Then I tried to re-import the recipe (EBC as color format) in beerxml format to beersmith 3, I also got the wrong EBC numbers in beersmith 3.

The xml file shows the color twice:

Code:
 <COLOR>3.4999999</COLOR>
 <DISPLAY_COLOR>3.5 EBC</DISPLAY_COLOR>

Apparently, both tags are exported as EBC

According to the beerxml definition, the 'COLOR' tag has to be SRM which can be found here under fermentables: http://www.beerxml.com/beerxml.htm

This seems to me like a bug, and I am not sure if this has been already addressed since I could not find anything in the forum.

Has somebody else experienced the same issue?

BeerSmith

Staff member
Administrator
Grandmaster Brewer
Reaction score
I was not aware of this - I will add this to my bug list.

Brad