• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Beersmith 3 on Apple Silicon - text not visible

andywhit

New Forum Member
Reaction score
Hi,
Ever since I installed Beersmith 3 on my Apple Mac Mini M2 Pro, lots of text doesn't display.
I can sometimes get it working by changing the Look and Feel color scheme but that doesn't always work.

For example, here's a screenshot of the To be Brewed folder, the highlighted recipe text appears but all the other recipes only show the color swatch pint icon.
If I move the cursor down each recipe then its text appears, but only the recipe the "cursor" is on.

Same thing on all Beersmith screens.

Screenshot 2023-09-18 at 16.03.03.png

Any ideas ?

Cheers.

Last edited:
Yes,
Assuming you have the latest version of BeerSmith, try closing BeerSmith first and then go to your Apple settings->General
and put the machine in light mode (not dark mode or the one that switches). Then restart BeerSmith and it
should be OK.

The current version does not support dark mode but I'm working on a new version.

Brad

Thanks - I'm hard at work on a revision that will handle dark mode properly. Its a bit of work as it requires changing out a lot of underlying infrastructure.

Back