• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Beersmith v2.3 - Unable to set brewer equipment to Grainfather after import

hopbomb

New Forum Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys

So, I've finally dived head first into all grain brewing. I bought the new Grainfather connect system and did my first brew last week. Everything went reasonably smoothly and I made some daft mistakes I'll add to my runsheet for next time. But so far it's been awesome! Though I can see I have lots of room to improve efficiencies.

Now, I'm diving into creating my own recipes and I've settled on Beersmith v2.3 (Windows desktop version) to use.

However, I'm having trouble setting the Grainfather equipment in Tools>Options>Equipment Profile> after importing it or adding it to a recipe.
- First off I have tried the Beersmith Grainfather profile by going to File>Addons>Add> I select the Grainfather Addon and install it.
-- Then I go to Tools>Options>Brewing>Equipment Profile> there I try to set the Grainfather as the profile, but it's not listed, nor does it show up in the recipe.
-  I also tried the Grainfather Equipment profile from their Facebook group which is listed for Beersmith v2.3.
-- I choose File>Open and browse to the profile and open it. It loads in the main screen with it's own tab. But I can't drag it to the Equipment list and it doesn't show up under Equipment Profile in Options or in recipe options.

I figure I'm doing something wrong here or I'm adding the equipment incorrectly? What do you guys think?

Hopbomb

Go to  'file' >'open', then change directories to 'updates' in your BeerSmith folder.  Open the grainfather .bsmx file which was downloaded.  Now open your equipment profile folder.

In the Grainfather tab, click on the profile for the grainfather and right click it.  Choose 'copy'.  Switch to your equipment profile folder tab and right click in an open area.  Click 'paste' and the profile will be pasted into your equipment folder.

Hey Oginme,

Thank you for your reply, that worked a charm! :)
Good brewing and extra hops to you kind sir.

Back