• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Brewzilla vs Grainfather vs etc...

KB

Master Brewer
Reaction score
Looking for recommendations for 5 gallon 220V version.

A bit confusing with the options offered for each. What is truly needed? What items are not (aka optional, but nice to have)?

It's my understanding these are all basically BIAB. Is this true?

Thanks.

Same concept as BIAB. A pump for recirculating and a wort chiller, if you don't already have one that fits, are more or less necessities. Other than that, it depends on how hands on you want to be and how much money you want to spend. I've been using a basic system for about 3 years with good results. I already had a pump and plumbing for recirculation and a wort chiller.

Since my original post I looked at the Gen 4 BrewZilla at morebeer. The Gen 4 to me appears to have a false bottom instead of a BIAB. Glad they showed the 240V plug as it doesn't match my current 240V receptacle. Is such as thing as a 240V adapter available? My wall outlet (receptacle) is the following.

I am considering a the BrewZilla, et al for test batches where my main setup is for 10 gallon (finished) batches.

Last edited:
Back