• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Calculating gravity on partial mash and extract batches incorrectly?

BOB357 said:
This would be funny if it weren't so pathetic. You actually believe that you're right and everyone else is screwed up, don't you? Have fun with yourself.

Just in case you wanted an update.  It has been confirmed BS is calculating extract additions incorrectly for all-grain and partial grain, just as I suspected.  Cheers mate

That's what I said in the second reply to you. I guess I wasn't clear enough. You seem to be mathematically adept enough to do the calculations for yourself, so now that you know that BeerSmith is wrong, just do it yourself. I wrote an Excel spreadsheet that I use when I know I will be using a lot of extract. It's not that hard.

--GF

GigaFemto said:
That's what I said in the second reply to you. I guess I wasn't clear enough. You seem to be mathematically adept enough to do the calculations for yourself, so now that you know that BeerSmith is wrong, just do it yourself. I wrote an Excel spreadsheet that I use when I know I will be using a lot of extract. It's not that hard.

--GF

That's fine, I can do it myself but shouldn't I want a paid for program to be fixed?

Back