• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Can’t set water volume

Airik

New Forum Member
Reaction score
When I brew with a no-sparge approach on my braumeister, I either get a compulsory sparge in the mash profile, or if I check the biab-box, it adds water.

If I set my water amount to 32l the program will add water to 34 and I can’t get this number down. If I go in and edit it manually the program changes back to 34 again.

How do I fix this? I think my water calculations were off the mark last brew because of it, I was predicted at 5.2 but ended up at 5.64 ph.

Thanks!

BeerSmith relies heavily on your inputs for many of the calculations it does. Several of the key inputs come from your equipment profile, so it's important to create a profile that defines your system. Here's a link to the information you need: https://beersmith.com/equipment-setup/

Upvote 0
For a BIAB setup the water volume is calculated directly from your needed pre-boil volume. It will use a full volume mash, so basically the water volume is determined based on the water needed in the boil, plus any water lost in the mash plus the amount of water the grain itself will absorb.

Brad

Upvote 0
Back