• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Cannot get Beersmith 3.1.08 to import Tilt Pro data - previously successful

Panda

New Forum Member
Reaction score
Hi folks,

I can't get Beersmith3 to import my Tilt Pro data anymore. The import file is log.csv and it's about 4k in size.

I'm using Beersmith on Ubuntu and I have 3 Tilt Pros, RED, YELLOW and PURPLE. I'm using the bullseye TiltPi image.

Previously I had no real difficulty in importing the CSV data for the YELLOW and PURPLE Tilts, but when I added a new beer yesterday Beersmith now (RED) it does not import any of the CSV data.

I have checked and played about with the brew date as I know that can be a problem (It would be great if the Date format preference also extended to the Brewed date as I cannot get it to display non US format).

I deleted all the log files on the TiltPi as I know there appears to be an upper limit to the number of data points in Beersmith when using single and multiple Tilts, I increase the sampling period to get round that. That still didn't help.

If I try to import as sensor colour ANY I get some data points, but the temperatures and SGs do not simply correlate to the values I see, though the SG does match for the latest SG on the RED Tilt Beer. The CSV raw data file looks fine.

I'm thinking it might be a problem with the tokenisation of the CSV file when Beersmith reads it in. I have a specific naming convention for my beers which includes the "-" minus and " " space characters as well as "." period. Could it be trying to interpret field as a regular expression, failing and then just giving up?

Does anyone know if there is a command line switch to enable console debug logging? I just see the log relating to window sizes etc.

It feels like a bug, but maybe there's some subtlety about the software I'm missing. Has anyone else experienced this?

Many thanks, Ian

Could you send the CSV file via email to beersmith at beersmith.com? Also 3.1 is not the latest version (3.2 is).

Finally, you could try importing via the web version to a cloud based folder. For various reasons the web version is a bit more tolerant of date formats than the desktop version.

Brad

Upvote 0
Back