• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Can't Fresh Install

mauriciogardini

New Forum Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I am trying to do a fresh install of BeerSmith 3 but, no matter what I do, BeerSmith somehow manages to get the old preferences from somewhere.

First, I uninstalled the software and, right after that, I moved my Documents Folders from its old location to a new one.

When I installed BeerSmith 3, it asked for a new directory (because I deleted the old one) but, even after providing a new directory, my old equipments are somehow loaded from somewhere, something that I don't want.

How can I make a fresh install, so I don't inherit my old equipments, malts, hops and everything else?

My OS is Mac OS.

Thanks.

Just in case somebody have the same problem, I managed to solve this.

I had to use a uninstall software (like AppManager) to manage to see where BeerSmith stored its preferences.

By removing its folder in Library/Caches, Library/Application Support and Library/Saved Application State, when I reinstalled BeerSmith 3, it understood it was a fresh install.

Back