• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Current/Final Gravity entry

Moonbrews

New Forum Member
Reaction score
New to Beersmith. I have Beersmith 3. I have a stuck fermentation and I just want to see what the current alcohol % is. Where can I enter the current gravity so Beersmith can tell me what the current alcohol % is? If this can be done, it is not intuitive. Surely I don't have to go back to my spreadsheet to do this simple calc.

Go to "Tools->%Pct Alcohol and Attenuation". You can enter starting gravity and final (or current) gravity and get the alcohol by % and the apparent and real attenuations.

-GF

Upvote 0
Also the measured values can be entered for a recipe on the "Session" tab for any open recipe. If you enter the volumes and gravities there it will calculate the actual ABV on that tab as well.

Upvote 0
Thanks GigaFemto and the BeerSmith staff for your quick replies. I now have two ways of doing this. In this case, the "Session" tab provides the method I was looking for since I don't have to reenter any of my existing data. Now, on with curing my stuck fermentation.

Upvote 0
Hey Moonbrews. FYI, that "Beersmith staff" you're referring to is the man and creator of beersmith himself, Brad Smith!

Welcome to the forum.

Upvote 0
Back