• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Dry Hopping in a Chronical

MRMARTINSALES

Grandmaster Brewer
Reaction score
Hi,

I have an SS Brewtech Chronical FV.

I currently have a beer in there which is fermenting away nicely.

Im wanting to dry hop my beer and was going to do this after crash cooling my beer once its fermented.

Do you think i should remove all teh yeast / trub from my FV before dry hopping and how long is a good time to Dry hop, 4days?

Thanks

MRMARTINSALES said:
Hi,

I have an SS Brewtech Chronical FV.

I currently have a beer in there which is fermenting away nicely.

Im wanting to dry hop my beer and was going to do this after crash cooling my beer once its fermented.

Do you think i should remove all teh yeast / trub from my FV before dry hopping and how long is a good time to Dry hop, 4days?

Thanks

Be careful with long dry hops they can turn kind of grassy and mess with flavor and aroma. I would say that 3-4 days is the most I would dry hop for and it really depends on the hops used. Are you using pellet or whole leaf? Problem with pellets is all the debris and the tendency to turn grassy in flavor.

Thanks CK27

I'm dry hopping with Cascade and it will be whole leaf hops.

I dont know whether to dry hop in cool beer or at fermentation temp beer and whether it should be done in a clean tank with just beer or with all the yeast /trub etc.

MRMARTINSALES said:
Thanks CK27

I'm dry hopping with Cascade and it will be whole leaf hops.

I dont know whether to dry hop in cool beer or at fermentation temp beer and whether it should be done in a clean tank with just beer or with all the yeast /trub etc.

You can dry hop in primary or secondary and I would just do it at normal temps. Should be fine :).

Hope your beer turns out well.

Back