Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure. Jump in and join the conversation!
You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.
You're ahead of most of us on this one. It's an automatic update for me, so, I don't have Win 10 installed, yet.
I would assume that this is just an installation error. If it isn't, a great number of us will find out, very soon.
Here's the outline for reinstalling BeerSmith and keeping your recipes, profiles and custom reports.
All of your recipes and profiles are stored in Documents/BeerSmith2. You will need to rename this folder and reinstall BeerSmith.
How to repair BeerSmith:
- Rename your "Documents/BeerSmith2" directory to something else like "OldBeerSmith" which saves your data
- Make sure you have the latest version of BeerSmith 2 installed from the main download page
- Restart BeerSmith2 - which will create a new BeerSmith 2 directory with the sample recipes in it
- You will likely have to enter your registration key again
- Once you have BeerSmith running again, use the Open command to open your old Recipe.bsmx file
that is now in your "OldBeerSmith" directory and then copy/paste any recipes you need into
your new "My Recipes" folder
- You can do the same with Equipment.bsmx, Hops.bsmx, etc... if you have added items beyond
those that came with BeerSmith 2
- If you can't open one of the files (Recipe.bsmx for example), you can also try opening the numbered
backups (Recipe1.bsmx, Recipe2.bsmx, etc...) - these contain older copies of the original.
- Let me know if you have any problems - and please keep your "OldBeerSmith" directory around
(the one you renamed earlier) as it will have all of your data in it!