file conversion .bsmx.txt to beer smith2

Johno

Apprentice
Reaction score
Can anyone help me convert or is this format for mobile devices?  I can not open these files in beersmith 2 for what ever reason

thanks in advance

Johno

You probably have to open it on the desktop, push it to the cloud and load it onto the mobile. 

disclaimer:  I don't have the mobile version since I don't like to pay for apps.

Have you tried just renaming to *.bsmx and opening with BeerSmith? Both the old BeerSmith format, *.xml and the new format, *.bsmx are text files, but structured in a way that makes it difficult for humans to read. That makes .bsmx.txt a bit redundant.

--GF

I have tried but beersmith2 does not recognize  it to open. It does find it though!

Sorry, I missed the extra .txt.  Try renaming it from bsmx.txt to just .bsmx then open with beersmith. 

I did try that but same result. Maybe a conversion program???

I looked at the headers of this file and didn't see any problems. I re-named it to CloudyPaleNEIPA.bsmx, double-clicked it and it opened just fine in BeerSmith 2.3.12

I would say that there is nothing wrong with this file (aside from the name). If you can't open it then there might be something wrong with your BeerSmith installation.

--GF
P.S. It looks tasty!

Back