• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Had a scare this morning

BOB357

Grandmaster Brewer
Reaction score
Was putting together a shopping list for my next 4 brews this morning. I had used the Add to Cart for each recipe and was entering the ingredients I didn't have in stock from the shopping cart into a Word document. As I added each ingredient, I deleted it from the shopping cart. About half way through the process, the Delete button quit working, but using the delete key on the keyboard worked, so I didn't think much about it.

I had to change the brand of a Crystal malt due to availability, and when I went to do so in the recipe, discovered that all of my recipes except for one were gone. I tried the restore function, selecting the latest backup for my recipes and it didn't work.
After closing BeerSmith3 and reopening, with the same result I was ready to hit the panic button. I copy my critical files to a thumb drive on the 1st of every month and was ready to copy and paste from that, losing any changes made since then. Luckily, I decided to reboot my PC first. Everything was back to normal. Whew!

Not sure what happened, but it appears not to have been a BeerSmith problem. (using 3.1.08)

Back