• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Hello from Houston

mmmooretx

Apprentice
Reaction score
Mike here.  I started brewing in 1991 when we started the Bay Area Mashtronauts.  I was VP for 2 years and newsletter editor for 5, then I got out of politics. I am an all grain brewer and have never gotten past AHA regionals, also no ribbons.  I am nearing completion of a new brew system, electric, based on the BrewTroller (oscsys.com) DX1 system.  The electronics are virtually done and am getting close to ordering pots and 14 gallon conicals, and probably some Sanky 5 gallon kegs.  I hope to get some gold after I get my system baselined and calibrated.  I have a couple of good friends giving me good advice that have similar systems.
"Feel the Force"...
Later,
Mike

Shortly after Christmas I should be able to provide pictures.  My kettles (20 gal.), fermenter (14.5 gal.), electric valves, etc. will be on order or here by next week.  It will be a setup that is easily torn down, stored until the next session.

mmmooretx said:
Shortly after Christmas I should be able to provide pictures.  My kettles (20 gal.), fermenter (14.5 gal.), electric valves, etc. will be on order or here by next week.  It will be a setup that is easily torn down, stored until the next session.

Tearing down a brewing system to take it somewhere and set it up for a day to brew with friends is one thing...but.....

Tearing down a brewing system for a season.  Sacrilege!  Say it ain't so!!

RobbyComstock said:
Scott, he said next session, but I agree that is a lot of work, unless you are really limited on space.

Oops!  I misread it.  It was an attempt at humor though.  Humor doesn't always turn out well in written form.

Not a problem.  My system needs an RV 50 amp. supply so it is not "mobile".  But on brew day it will all go onto an 8' plastic picnic table that has 1/2" plywood table top with hinges for a "hang down board" ~2'.  The valves, pumps, plate chillers, water filter, etc will go on the front hang down part.  This way when a brew session is over the pots come off and the plywood system folds up for storage  and the core hardware stays attached to the hang down plywood part.  When I post pictures it will make more sense when I post pictures

Back