• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Hello, from Melbourne Australia.

Bergers

New Forum Member
Reaction score
Hello to all, am still searching for an appropriate equipment profile, given I have a 20l Braumeister which I sparge with 6l of water and ferment with a 27l Fermzilla. Happy with product just cannot nail the equipment detail on my printout, to achieve a default setup. I typically begin with 27l of water, top up with 6l and end up wth 23l after a 90 min boil. Appreciate some direction!

Welcome! There should be a profile for the Braumeister under File->Addons in BeerSmith which you can use for a good starting point.

Welcome! There should be a profile for the Braumeister under File->Addons in BeerSmith which you can use for a good starting point.
Thanks, I have been using the profile provided but there is no provision (that I can see) for sparging. The printout has a minus number next to sparging. Not overly concerned, no dount there is a simple fix.

A negative number for the sparge volume indicates that you are using more water in the mash than is called for in the recipe. The equipment profile is just one profile which needs to be customized. You can alter the infusion rate to get your volumes for mash and sparge to where you want them to be.

A negative number for the sparge volume indicates that you are using more water in the mash than is called for in the recipe. The equipment profile is just one profile which needs to be customized. You can alter the infusion rate to get your volumes for mash and sparge to where you want them to be.
Thanks again, the Braumeister 20 for my purposes begins with 27l of heated water with 5.8 kilo of grain, then the heat is applied over measured steps. No infusion or additional water until the end with a 6l sparge after mash out. I do it this way because the Braumeister lends itself to these steps, Maybe not essential but I do it because I can!! I am very happy with the beer, so no great problem. Can I manually record an accurate Sparge volume? I have selected the "Temperature" option in the Mash profile. rather than infusion.

Back